English Garden Munich is one of the most beautiful gardens in Europe and a must-see for any visitor to the city. But how do you get there? Here is a quick guide to help you make your way to this incredible oasis in the heart of Munich.
Getting to English Garden Munich by Public Transport
The easiest way to get to English Garden Munich is to take public transportation. The closest subway station is Universität on the U3 line. From there, it’s just a short 10-minute walk to the park. You can also take a tram from the Hauptbahnhof station, which will take about 15 minutes.
Getting to English Garden Munich by Bike
Munich is a very bike-friendly city, and the English Garden Munich is no exception. There are several bike paths that run along the perimeter of the park, making it a great way to get around the city. If you don’t have your own bike, you can rent one from one of the many bike rental shops in the city.
Getting to English Garden Munich by Car
If you are driving to English Garden Munich, you can access the park from either the Leopoldstraße or Schleissheimer Straße entrances. Parking is available at both entrances, but it can be quite expensive.
What to See in English Garden Munich
Once you make it to English Garden Munich, there is plenty to explore. Here are a few highlights:
- Chinese Tower: This iconic tower is one of the most recognizable landmarks in the park. It’s a great spot to grab a beer and take in the view.
- Surfing Wave: Yes, you read that right! This man-made wave is a popular spot for surfers in the summer months.
- Beer Gardens: There are several beer gardens scattered throughout the park, perfect for a leisurely lunch or evening drink.
Tips for Visiting English Garden Munich
- Bring comfortable shoes and plenty of sunscreen.
- Pack a picnic lunch to enjoy in the park.
- Leave your valuables at home or in a safe place.